Jan 14, 2009

Such an Aries March 27


(Pic by toddcollins.net for the "Sirens of the Stage" book photo shoot.  Book can be purchased at blurb.com) I've never been into astrology.  I think it's interesting, but I don't know much about it.  I couldn't tell you what each sign means, If you told me your birthday I wouldn't know by the month what sign you are.  But from time to time I do like reading about mine and my loved ones signs.  The other day some friends and I were talking about astrology, so I looked it up on wikipedia and once again, I am reminded and surprised at how accurate it is.  I am such an aries.  Here it is according to astrological signs on wiki.  

Aries / The ram / cardinal, fire, personal / Keyword "I am"
The aries person is assertive, brave, energetic, kind, action - oriented, intelligent, individualistic, independent, impulsive, full of strength, competitive, eager, straightforward, forceful, headstrong, pioneering, a leader, focused on the present and freedom loving.  They can also sometimes be intemperate, violent, impatient, fiery, rash, extreme and arrogant.  Suitable occupations are where initiative and enterprise are needed and preferably physical activity; such as entrepreneurs, businessmen, soldiers, sportspeople and explorers.  In medical astrology, aries governs the head and skull.  In astrology, aries is ruled by the planet mars.  The sun sign dates for aries are march 21 - april 19.  The fire form of aries is a wildfire, an uncontrolled fire.  Therefore commonly known as the most dangerous of the 12 signs.  

Ok, so a lot of that rings true.  My mother in law happens to know quite a bit on this subject and had given my loved one a few astrology books including one with tons of info on the very day you were born.  This is when it got really creepy! Well, cool, actually.  It made me wish I would have had the book sooner, would have saved me a lot of trouble wasting my time dating the wrong people! I could have looked up their date & known right then they were trouble! Ha! Anyway... here are some tidbits from my birthday, March 27.  

March 27 : The day of the originator
Strongly individualistic.  Like children, they are quick to learn, but once having learned pursue their own vision.  In doing so, the acquire an unmistakeable style, and an often overpowering technique built on what they have developed with others during their formative years.  Exceptional people born on this day are originators, often the first to accomplish something in their field, but even those with more modest talents tend to make a contribution that is uniquely their own.  * Actually, they are not "people" people at all - it is their work, often of a technical nature, which absorbs them.  * March 27 people have an excellent feeling for social trend.  As artists, business people and laborers, they are able to sense what will work with the public and what will not.  This is due less to any special knowledge of human psychology than a purely intuitive understanding of society, it's values and wishes.  * Often they are baffled by human emotions, but because of their objectivity can be helpful in diagnosing problems.  Although not outwardly emotional, March 27 people are passionate and is this intensity which makes their work strong.  They can arouse emotion in others through the directness of their approach.  What appeals to them is the purity of line and the strength of strong contrasts.  Like children, it is the black or white of a situation that will dictate their reactions - they hate compromise and grey areas; lying (or hiding the truth) is foreign to them.  Their honesty extends to themselves as well; they are therefore realistic in assessing their own abilities.  Those born on this day may be difficult to live with, as they are often preoccupied with areas apart from personal  human feeling.  Also, since March 27 people are not easy on themselves they are not so easy on their family and companions, either.  Although they make good friends, they are not ego builders, and are much too uncompromising and frank to have time for flattery.  Nonetheless, those born on this day do impart a certain quiet support and warmth to those closest to them.  * Those born on the 27th of the month are ruled by the number 9.  Thus those ruled by #9 often lead others, and set styles and trends.  They can also be impulsive and overly strong - willed (symbolized by Martian energy) and since March 27 people already have some of these characteristics (Mars also rules aries) they should be aware of their effect on others.  * The 9th card of the Major Arcana is The Hermit, who walks carrying a lantern and a stick; he represents meditation, isolation and silence.  The card signifies crystallized wisdom and ultimate discipline.  The Hermit is a taskmaster who uses conscience to keep others on their path.  The positive side of this card is stick-to-it-iveness, purpose, profundity and concentration; negative meanings include dogmatism, intolerance, mistrust and discouragement.  * People on March 27 tend to be accident prone.  *  Advice: Cultivate diplomacy and learn to be more tolerant.  Forget technique once in a while and let it all hang out.  Be kind and understanding.  Learn to compromise when absolutely necessary.  You are not as strong and indestructible as you think you are. 

Strengths: Self-reliant, realistic, technically proficient.  
Weaknesses: Forgetfull, self-neglectful, difficult to live with

* * * * * * * * * * 
Pretty crazy stuff!  Going to get ready to go for a big jog, it's sunny outside and when the sun is out I can hardly stand being inside.  Tonight I'm going out to a club to see a friends band.  I'm excited to get out since I've spent the last two nights inside being cozy, catching up on tv.  Sometimes I really need that, to relax and not do anything.  But I can't do it for too long or I go nuts! Ants in my pants! 

Deena Marie Manzanares 


4 comments:

  1. Last christmas I got as a present from a friend a horoscope of my bday 12th of march. It´s about 40 pages and I was almost shocked (LOL), how accurate and true it is! I had the same experience, it´s crazy & exciting!!
    Have fun this evening Deena :)
    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  2. astrology is pretty dang cool :) i wanna get my hands on that book, the sign by specific date.. i'm a halloween baby, i wonder what it would say about my date of birth?? though, my sign-scorpio- is pretty accurate! hope you had a good time at the club :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. My granma is Aries too and i am Leo i love my sign. very good info i want to know what will be sayng about my day of birth!. Take care deena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap!!! I had no idea your birthday was two days before mine!!!

    That explains a lot...*grin*

    ReplyDelete