Jan 5, 2009

Exercise is a four letter word




So... I've never been one for working out. How about you? Never have I owned a gym membership. In fact, I've only been to a gym once with Suzanne on a guest pass...or something. My significant other works out religiously and always has, because he enjoys it. Every now and then I get on a kick where I decide to start exercising. This results in me walking/jogging/running outdoors only. It lasts for a brief period of time and then I'm over it. Ok, actually there have been times where I get a tiny bit addicted and love the way I feel mentally after. But more often than not it's a pain in the ass! What with the new year resolutions and all...I'm really trying to be healthy...and this includes back to jogging. Even thought it's freezing and there is snow everywhere I am forcing myself to be a man about it. I may be skinny but that doesn't mean I have the healthiest diet. I eat way too much pizza and candy and that just can't be good for me...right? I don't think I get enough nutrition, vitamins, calcium, etc. I wish I had more energy than I sometimes do. I'm not strong! I don't drink nearly enough water. In fact, I probably hate drinking water even more than exercising! But I want to be my best me this year. What really helped fuel the fire is the fact that at the very end of 2008 opportunities started to come my way that were bigger than ever. If these things pan out this year...I want to feel and look my best. It's hard to change your way of life. But it can be done if you want something bad enough. Don't get me wrong, I'm no couch potato. I run around all day doing a zillion things and if I'm in a play, well I burn a ton of calories performing - especially if it's a musical. But I know I can do more. So here I go. Bundled up into the snow day after day, looking ridiculous like in the picture above (gimmie a break, at least I'm warm!) Wish me luck! Tell me your thoughts? Do you truly like working out? If so, what makes it fun for you?

Deena Marie Manzanares

3 comments:

  1. i'm not one for exercising either~ i mean, who wants to work out?!
    but sometimes...i get an inspiration and i wanna WORK IT!!
    lately, i've just been working on my arms because i'm NOT strong at all and i have a lotta 'flabba jabba' on my arms;] a lot of the times i'm not up for working out, but i always push myself because I know how I'll feel afterwards:
    accomplished! whooot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well deena i am gonna to tell you something i try to loose weight the last years but i get boring to fast if i am alone is not thar fun!!! LOl, My resolution this year will be to try to lose that weigth and other thing i wanna to. Sooo i wish you GOOD LUCK you look ridiculous but you are doing something for you and your health. By the way that photo make me laugh. YOU GO DEENA!!!

    A.K.A- Divahoney

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned recently, from "Food Detectives" on the Food Network, that you can count the water in your food as *part* of you water consumption for the day. And this whole thing about 8 glasses a day is a lot of bunk. Our bodies know when we should drink water... i.e. when we're thirsty. This year, I'm going to try NOT drinking MORE water but drinking water instead of soda or whatever and not denying myself when I feel even a little bit thirsty.

    I'm lovin' your blog, babe!

    -Joe Puente

    ReplyDelete