Jan 20, 2009

Ouch! They took my blood!


I hate the doctor! I have such a fear of needles! 

I've had it since I was little.  I was sick for awhile when I was around 7 and 8 and had to go to doctors all the time and have all sorts of mumbo jumbo done and this gave me a debilitating fear of needles! I haven't had too many reasons for shots or getting blood taken as I got older, so anytime it did happen, I would get hysterical.  

Like can't breathe full on bawling.  It was bad.  

But guess what! I had to get some blood taken twice in the last couple of months and...dare I say it? I think I'm getting past it! It didn't hurt...I survived it.  I didn't cry! I totally held in my tears and stayed calm and it wasn't so bad.  I know this sounds so silly, but it really was a big deal for me.  I mean, if my dad can go through doctors and needles all the time, I know I can do it every now and then.  If he can be brave and tough about it, I will be too.  

I don't think I'll be rushing to donate blood anytime soon...but conquering this fear is something I thought I could never do.  

Shows once again, you can do absolutely anything you set your mind to.  No matter what it is.

Deena Marie xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I am proud of you! When you put in your mind something you can do it, and you are one of those! xoxo
    a.k.a- divahoney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave blood last summer,
    then worked out in the sun for 9 hours.





    I was hospitalized.






    But that didn't stop me from giving just the other week.









    When you gave blood,

    were there milkshakes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely relate to the fear of having blood taken, it's not so much needles I have a problem with it's just the idea of THAT needle going in THAT part of my arm. Blergh. Unpleasent.

    I must say, I'd like giving blood a lot more if I got a milkshake afterwards haha

    I must say, you are pretty cool :) xx

    ReplyDelete