Jan 7, 2009

I'm a machine!


(Picture by www.toddcollins.net he's great, please check out his work!) 
I really do think I am one of the hardest working people I know.  Well.  Depending on what I am working on.  If it's something creative, something I love, then I'm invested 150%.  I eat, sleep and breathe it.  I seriously worked from the second I got up yesterday to 2 am and was right back at it this morning.  It's kind of a time warp when a project gets you so wrapped up.  I'll look at the clock and two hours have passed when I thought it was 15 minutes.  The downside is that I can't sleep when I'm in the midst of a project.  My mind won't shut off thinking about it, how to do it, how to do it better, etc.  I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I'm impatient.  Big time.  And I can probably be a little pushy to others during this kind of process, because I don't understand why it's not life or death to everyone else.  I don't understand when people don't do what they say they're going to do when they said they're going to do it.  I don't like not having my questions answered and the details provided right at that second.  It's my work.  It's important to me.  Do you understand that? Does it matter this much to you? I can get very frustrated. My love and I were talking about my stress levels last night...he said while he may stress over things like work, money, the usual...that I stress times ten over "what to eat for dinner" and "if imovie won't open".  This made me laugh my ass off, but it's true.  So like I said in my first blog here...a new years resolution for me is to live in the moment and try not to stress myself crazy.  But what do you do when you want everyone you work with and everyone around you to work this hard at this level at all times?! What stresses you out? What do you do to relax? Maybe I'm just a masochist and I enjoy the stress.  That's highly probable. 

Anyway...I'll be able to announce what I'm working on come monday.  I've had to put my "Rock of Love" parody on hold for the last two days.  Hopefully I'll be able to film a bit tomorrow! And by the way? I think I love blogging! 

Goodnight! Zzzzzz

Deena Marie Manzanares

2 comments:

  1. You are a machine but a fabulous one! by the way some time my husband say that he is gonna to do something and THEN!! blah nothing happens i HATE HATE IT. Love ya deena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way! What do I do to relax? Eh, I usually just start a new project.. which keeps me busy for a little while- until I hit the same problem :P lol And we love that you love to blog!

    ReplyDelete