Apr 28, 2015

To my husband, who is everything.

“Everything you do seduces me. All you need to do is breathe and I would do anything for you.”


I never knew love until I met my husband. I didn't know that I didn't know it prior. How could I? I had nothing to compare. I knew I was missing something, but I didn't know what it felt like. Or how it would be different. When I found it, everything was naturally there. Everything that wasn't before. 

I think of him first in all things. I want to spare him any pain. I want to rush to his defense. I want to give up anything and everything if it means he gets something great in return. He would never ask me to, of course. But I've never known this want. This knowing that I would in a heartbeat, should I need to. I want him to go first. I want him to have the last bite. I want him to soar. I want him to succeed. I want him to be happy. I want him to feel loved. I want to create the best environment for him that I can. I want to make him proud. I want to shout form the rooftops how proud I am of him. I want everyone, everywhere, to look at him and stand in awe the way I do. I want each good person I know to know him. I want everyone who does know him to truly understand how lucky they are to get him in their life. I want everyone to agree with me that he is in fact the most talented, the most handsome, and the smartest. I want him to have peace. I want him to achieve his ideas of success. I want to burst and cry whenever I think about how much I love him. I want to freeze time so I can have him forever.


~DM



No comments:

Post a Comment