Apr 30, 2015

The sky tonight.

It's nearing the end of the 8'oclock hour. We are standing, looking at the sunset. I take note of what's going through my head. I've just been looking at the moon. It's glowing tonight. I see a little more than half. I think about how we see the moon at different sizes at different times and wonder why. Why is that, again? Why it looks like half is covered at his particular moment. I think of the words waxing and waning. I turn back to the sunset. The telephone wires from this angle look like a music staff. I am just about to identify a "note" when my husband puts his arm around me, and then I forget. I start thinking about milk. I haven't had a glass of milk in…years. I can barely remember the taste. I think about what the land we stand on must have looked like centuries ago. And what will be here in the future, when we are long gone.




~DM

No comments:

Post a Comment