Feb 10, 2011

Just before I start to dream...



I don't like taking naps, but every now and then I have no choice. My eyes will hardly stay open and all I can do is crawl under the covers for an hour or so. Just before I fall asleep (I don't know if it's a dream or a memory) I get the sensation of being a little girl laying in the grass looking at the clouds in the sky. Probably deciding what the clouds look like. I know the exact spot I'm laying, by the basketball court of the condo's I grew up in and lived in until I was 19. I can feel a summer breeze, it's warm. I can smell the grass. It's late afternoon and everything is truly great. Not a care in the world. No sense of time, no sense of responsibility. No knowledge of what it's like to be a grown up. This has happened to me for as long as I can remember. Not at night, only a daytime nap. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment