Apr 2, 2011

Do it.




You know what my biggest pet peeve is? People who want something to change, who can talk about wanting it to change, but who can't seem to do anything about it. I don't understand it. I don't understand letting fear hold you back. How boring.

There's a big difference between someone who wakes up in the morning and WISHES and someone who wakes up in the morning and DOES.

I realized there are a few projects that have been on the to do list for awhile. Quite awhile. I realized that if I don't start taking some kind of action, years will have gone by and it will end up on the "something I never got to do list" (and that list scares the shit out of me).

This isn't my typical behavior, but a matter of being so busy with other things I haven't made the time. If I want it to happen, I've got to make the time. I've got to start it now. It's that simple.

On the to do list?

A one woman stage show. An original show. With characters I create.
(Think a more versatile Pee Wee)

A one woman short film. Dark, creepy and suspenseful.
(Think "Buried", "127 Hours", "1408", "Cast Away")

Songs. My poetry set to music, in studio and maybe on YouTube.
(Think Jewel, Poe, Fiona, etc.)

So. Over the next little while I've gotta start putting down on paper my ideas and start ever so gently planting the seeds. If nothing else, I want to do it for me. So I'm choosing to.

No comments:

Post a Comment