Apr 20, 2012

National Poetry Month! April 19 & 20, 2012

So to celebrate (and you knew I'd be all over this), I'm going to post everyday this month...words that inspire. Words, quotes, poems, songs and passages of books. Maybe some of my own writings will be included.

Read! Post! Share YOUR words that inspire!

Tweet me: @DeenaMarie

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Day 19 & 20
I forgot to post yesterday, so today you get two for the price of one!
Both by yours truly.



Scatter


I keep choosing the wrong soul shatterers, soul scatterers
My soul is broken. Bloodless, cracked open.


I can't bear the weight of everything I want to do
that I'll never be able to
And all the things I don't want to do
that I'll have to


You might not take me with you
You might not take me with you



I don't want to be with me either.


Every time I am left bare
Laid there


My penance every lifetime.



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Echos of You

All around me are the echoes of you. Still.
So many lifetimes later you come to knock on my subconscious house
of tiny secret dreams in the tiny secret pocket of my soul.

My heart, my marrow, my memories.

Mine.

Yet each night I dream of water, of you, of her.
Only there and only then I try to remain but involuntary escape is inevitable.

How symbolic. How metaphysical. How cliche.



From: http://www.poetrybydeenamarie.blogspot.com/


Tweet me: @DeenaMarie

No comments:

Post a Comment