Apr 3, 2012

National Poetry Month! April 3, 2012

April is National Poetry Month!

So to celebrate (and you knew I'd be all over this), I'm going to post everyday this month...words that inspire. Words, quotes, poems, songs and passages of books. Maybe some of my own writings will be included.

Read! Post! Share YOUR words that inspire!

Tweet me: @DeenaMarie

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Day 3



From "The Selected Poetry of Rainer Maria Rilke"


LAMENT

Everything is far
and long gong by.
I think that the star
glittering above me
has been dead for a million years.
I think there were tears
in the car I heard pass
and something terrible was said.
A clock has stopped striking in the house
across the road...
When did it start?...
I would like to step out of my heart
and go walking beneath the enormous sky.
I would like to pray.
And surely of all the stars that perished
long ago,
one still exists.
I think that I know
which one it is-
which one, at the end of it's beam in the sky,
stands like a white city...

No comments:

Post a Comment