Nov 11, 2010

Black & White




I have a problem.

I see everything in black and white. Rarely is there a gray area.
You are, you're not. You did, you didn't. You like it, you don't like it.
I don't like the "kinda's." I don't like the rare occasion when I have them.

It's the way I've always been. I like to know the answer. I like to make a plan. I like to follow through.

I have trouble when others are not as extreme as I am.
I know, I know. I'm constantly trying to get better with this.
I can't wrap my head around someone who says one thing and does another as much as why someone would...oh...I don't know...wear crocs?! ;)

I try to never ever ever ever ever live in hypocrisy. Nothing makes me feel worse. Nothing makes me feel so terribly untrue to myself and nothing makes me feel such betrayal to myself and to others.

You know the people who say "I hate her/him!" Then two seconds later they are "besties?" I mean, literally complaining, near tears because they're so mad/uncomfortable with what the person has said or did or is...but will still be nice to their face?! I've had people do me dirty. Guess what? We're not besties. Maybe there is an apology. Maybe I even accepted that. But guess what else. Never ever will I be fake. Never ever will I talk shit about you behind your back and play pretend to your face. If I don't like you, I won't lead you to believe I do in person. I won't facebook you, I won't call you, we won't hang out.

I'm not being rude, I'm being real. You dig?

It's one thing to be polite and another to mislead.

I am a very tolerant and open minded person. When it comes to hypocrites I guess I just can't deal.

My sweetheart says more people than not are bound to be this way. More people live in the gray area. They aren't as sensitive as me. I wish I wasn't as sensitive as me.

When someone does a friend of mine wrong I feel the need to defend, protect and take a side. But hardly anyone out there I know does the same. It's easier to be a dreaded people pleaser than not. I've recently learned I'm loyal to a fault.

It's not how I roll. Never have, never will. I will never understand "keep your friends close & your enemies closer", either.

The trait I always have and always will despise most is weakness.

Agree, disagree, stand up for yourself, for what and who you love, who you believe in.

Just do it with honesty. Have a little integrity.

That's all.


"There are three signs of a hypocrite: when he speaks he speaks lies, when he makes a promise he breaks it, and when he is trusted he betrays his trust."
-- Muhammad

No comments:

Post a Comment