Sep 7, 2012

First celebrity crush

"Who was your first celebrity crush?"

That question was brought up last night on a break during rehearsal.  

Mine? Brad Renfro.  I'll never forget the first time I saw him, it was in the movie "Tom & Huck".  Something happened that day that hadn't happened to me before.  Woah.  I was obsessed for a long time after.  I'd daydream about driving to Tennessee to meet him.  Sure that at first sight he was going to fall madly in love with me.  What can I say? I was super young.  I rented his other movies, watched them countless times until they were memorized.  Plastered my bedroom walls with pictures of him.

Unfortunately his cuteness didn't last much longer.  He was at his peak of dreamy-ness in "Tom & Huck" for sure.

When he died in 2008 I heard about it from my mom in a text.  My dad had told her and neither one of them wanted to tell me.  I couldn't believe it.  It still bothers me.


I'll always hold a special place in my heart for the one who paved the way! 







No comments:

Post a Comment