Sep 2, 2012

Cracked. Open.




Today I am cracked open.  I began cracking last week when I picked up a new book.

How do you explain cracked open? It is just that.  It is the image above.  That's the first image that popped into my mind when wondering how to tell you exactly how I feel.

Last week I was at the bookstore with my dad.  I was picking out a mug for my mom before heading into the books.  I had it in my hands.  "The Universe Knows" it said on one side.  "Enjoy the Journey" said the other.  I turned around and found myself face to face with a new book by one of my favorite authors, Augusten Burroughs.  Unlike his others, this one was in the new releases in self-help.

What?

You know how I've said before it seems like we end up reading exactly what we should be at the exact right moment? I wish I would have waited to say that until now.  :)

Only...I'm equally aware of how universal this book is.  Because while what we experience is unique to us, we are all so much more alike than we remember.

A couple of years ago I saw the documentary "I AM" by Tom Shadyac, and I felt it should be required viewing for all mankind.  No, really.  After just having just now finished  "This is How", I am declaring for the second time in my life, having just come across something that should be required reading for all mankind.

Sometimes someone unexpected words something in just the right way.

Again, we just don't know what it is we don't know.  And we don't know, until we know.

If I get into this deeply, and I'd like to, I'd be here for hours.
So please...just get it? Buy it? Borrow it?

Life changing.  Healing.  Clarity.  Comfort.  Shaken.  I am experiencing all at once.

My views on body image, happiness, confidence and being present have all been altered.

It is the book for you.  For me.  For everyone you know.  Please don't let the self-help category throw you.  If it could be found under "Guidance for any and every human being for any and every reason", that would do it greater justice.


Please.  Please.  Please.  Please.  Read.



Read some excerpts 





Tweet me: @DeenaMarie 
Facebook.com/TheDeenaShow





No comments:

Post a Comment