Dec 31, 2009

What I've learned this year...

To not make resolutions. At least not this year.
Too much pressure to change your life on one day of the year.
Resolutions can be made/kept/broken/changed/etc. any time, any day.

I'm stronger than I think. Physically, mentally & emotionally.

I'm more fragile than I think. Physically.
Just a human with one body. Be good to yourself with every passing year.

To not have to plan every detail and know what's going to happen right this second.
Let the wind take me where it may. It's full of surprises and I feel I'm on the right path.

Nothing is ever as it seems.
Be prepared to do a 180 on many things you may have grown up believing.
It's ok to grow and learn and change your mind.

I'm fine the way I am. Beautiful too. So are you, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is opinion -Democritus

We are small. We are all Narcissists and the world is much bigger than us.
We can't even begin to comprehend.

I don't have all the answers. I know so little. I want to know more.

In this life I was meant to be an entertainer.
Science is where it's truly at. Stay in school and learn your mathematics! Please!
I want to come back as a metaphysicist and really make a difference.

We don't know what, if anything exists after death.

I'm of a much more postmodern mind than I ever thought I'd be.
I don't know how I feel about that.
I used to believe in everything until it was proven to be untrue.
I'm not sure I like my skeptical side.

It's okay to be youthful. No reason to stifle who you are and what makes you happy.

If you're doing what your entire being is telling you is right, you'll never be wrong.

The answer is always no if you don't ask.

Be brave. Be bold. Be the one you dream to be.
Stand up for yourself. Be assertive.

Never apologize for your art.

If you always look confident and in control and act like you love what you're doing
even when you don't, you'll never look foolish. If it's outside your comfort zone, commit to it.

People will always give you their opinion even when you don't ask for it.
No need to argue. Let it in one ear and out the other.

Humans can and do mate for life. It's just a matter of finding your true person.

Get as much out of life as humanely possible.

Our time here is very, very short.

Happy New Year!

Deena Marie





No comments:

Post a Comment