Jan 3, 2010

True Blood


Can you believe I'd never seen an episode of True Blood until three days ago?

You know how much I love Twilight and Vampire Diaries... so what's the problem?
It really was just one more thing to tivo when it started and it slipped by us.

After my play closed last week, I was looking forward to a week of lazy nothingness.
We downloaded the 2 seasons and have been holed up for 3 & 1/2 days having a marathon.

Absolutely love it.

So different from Twilight and Vampire Diaries. There's so much going on! So many characters! So many issues; race, religion, discrimination.

And what I love most of all is that Bill is a man, not a high school boy.
He was married once, he was a father. That aspect changes everything.

I wasn't sure what I thought the first few episodes, but when I fell completely in love with it was Sookies Gran's funeral. When she tried to speak at the funeral, and when she ate the pie by herself in the kitchen, then put on that white dress and as soon as it was dark her and Bill ran to each other. Not walked. Ran. And then they got together for the first time. Oh my god.

That was one of my favorite episodes of any series, ever (so was this years finale of Dexter - that's a whole different blog, I still haven't recovered from that one).

Other parts that really got me:
1.) Sookie waiting with Godric on the roof until the sun came up
2.) Bill rushing to save Sookie from Rene in the daylight and almost dying
3.) Bill having to bury himself and coming out out of the cemetary when Sookie was putting flowers on his grave
4.) Poor Lafayette going through post traumatic stress after being held captive in the basement of Fangtasia
5.) Bills proposal, starting with the tickets to Vermont.

Damn good series. I can't wait until June for season 3!


No comments:

Post a Comment