Dec 10, 2009

December update!



*Click picture for a bigger image*

I have so much to tell you!

This month has been a whirlwind. I can't believe it's almost Christmas. It doesn't feel like it since I haven't had a spare second. I don't even have a christmas tree up!

"Go Dog Go" is up and running and going great! It's a 50 minute long show with no intermission and no downtime. Sounds simple, but it's a huge workout! Each time we perform it I have a blast. It's been one of the most fun shows I've done! I've worked at this theatre before, two plays and one reading. It's one of my favorites places to work. We are doing 9 shows a week through the 27th. Although I think there are even more shows the last week. I also get to work with my sweetheart on this one! It's not often we're able to do a play together (this is our third) so we feel very lucky when it happens.

You might wonder what it's like for a husband and wife to be together so much working on a big project and then performing together. It's GREAT! We are the kind of pair that never get on each others nerves and love being together most of all. I think he looks adorable in the show and I'm so proud of him. We are a perfect team. I have been reminded so much lately of how lucky I am to have found him! It's magical. It really is.

When I'm in a show it really takes all of my focus. I have little energy to give anything else. I eat, sleep and breathe it. Mondays are our free days and every monday we've had off I've been booked on a photo shoot! Same goes for the next two mondays. I've also had meetings, auditions and news appearances...including playing "Sarah Palin" yesterday on the KUTV 2 morning show! Same one you saw me playing "Little Miss Honey Bee" on last month for the "New Moon" opening. I love everyone there and I'm so honored they have asked me to come on the show. It's one of the coolest most fun things I've been able to do!

So many great things are coming up as well! Another runway show, a short film and a collaboration video with someone very well known... stay tuned!

I hate that I put my youtube videos on the back burner for a couple of months, but I'll be back in full force soon! Did you know it's my 2 year youtube anniversary on Monday, December 14th? Omg. My life has changed so much in the last 2 years!

My life changes so much day to day! Just a couple months ago we were talking very seriously about LA. Maybe I'd be getting a part time apartment there and pursuing my career in a new scene. Even as early as this January! So many of my actor friends as well as youtube friends are there now, or making the move and it would be a blast to be around all of them, but then things seem to get busier and busier here. Here, people who can hire me know who I am. It's really hard to throw that away, or even put it on hold. Would I really want to start from scratch? Plus the thought of being away from the one I love is pretty much unbearable. I feel this is where I am supposed to be right now! Working out of state would be great...but living?! Nope. Unless I get a huge break, a high paid gig and can move the both of us!

It's also funny the new things you start to want in life that you never thought you would. Life takes interesting twists and turns and can lead you to paths you'd never thought you'd take. It's pretty cool.

What else...

Oh! For those of you who didn't see my tweets and status updates... I saw a freaking meteor a few weeks ago! Do you know how many people get to see that in a lifetime?! And a few days later a space shuttle! If you know me, then you know that both were like witnessing miracles. I long to know more about the universe and metaphysics and unexplored territory. In my next life I want to be a scientist. For now, I just want to learn and read all I can. It's currently "Spook". I highly recommend it! I get a lump in my throat just thinking about how vast the universe is and how small we are and how science is where it's really at.

Final topic, last but not least, is favors. I have had so many friends and strangers ask me for shout outs/promotion. I hate that. I hate that so bad. When someone has promoted me, I have never, and I repeat, never asked them to do that. Sure, we all wish we could ask someone more successful or popular than us for a little help (and yes, there will always be someone more successful or popular) but it's a turn off! Especially if it's not a mutual exchange of help or if I don't know you well or at all. Just don't do it. It's bad manners! I almost never respond to it and chances are if that's all you want from me you'll never get it. ;) I'm into helping out a deserving person, but not because they asked for it. Those I have pimped out would never ever have asked.

Allright kids,

off to get some dinner and plan a Christmas youtube video that will happen this week!

Happy Holidays!

xo

Deena Marie






No comments:

Post a Comment