Aug 19, 2012

Everything is fleeting


The shaved head.  An update. 



Picture above was taken yesterday on exactly the two month mark since the shave. 
Hard to believe it was first this:



And that I actually did this:



Everything is so fleeting.  Every stage, every age, every version of you and your loved ones.  In learning this, I don't mind one bit having to go through what you might call "awkward" phases of growing out my hair.  In fact, I like it.  I like that right now it wants to be in a mohawk.  Chances are, it never will be again so why not embrace it? Once that part's gone, it's gone.  

Just like when I did the initial shave.  I can't believe I crossed something off my bucket list and it's already behind me! Sure it was two months ago, but I've already forgotten what it was like to walk around with it all buzzed off.  


So many people ask why I did it.  If you don't know, please take a second to read this: 


I've never been as present as I have been the last (nearly) three months since CHUCK.  I've also never experienced such a rapid inner growth and had this much change thrust upon me.  It's made me appreciate change all the more.  I long for it.  

Forward momentum.  Metamorphosis.  Accept and allow. 


I've been meaning to post this TED talk for quite some time, one of my favorites and one that has really resonated at this particular time.  
Please take 17 minutes and watch this.  You'll be so happy you did! 

"The cashiers at your grocery store, the foreman at your plant, the guy tailgating you home on the highway, the telemarketer calling you during dinner, every teacher you've ever had, everyone that's ever woken up beside you, every politician in every country, every actor in every movie, every single person in your family, everyone you love, everyone in this room...and you...will be dead in 100 years.  Life is so great that we only get such a short time to experience and enjoy all those tiny little moments that make it so sweet.  And that moment is right now and those moments are counting down and those moments are always always always fleeting.  You will never be as young as you are right now." 
- Neil Pasricha 





Tweet me: @DeenaMarie 

1 comment:

  1. I'm having a hard time enjoying the current version of me. Hopefully it's fleeting.

    ReplyDelete