Mar 1, 2009

Haters, features, projects, birthday!


Good lord.  Seriously?! 

Hello boys and girls.  Todays topic: Internet hate.  I've talked about this in previous blogs but it's weighing heavily on my mind right now.  Recently a youtuber friend of mine was featured in 'people & blogs'.  She's been on youtube two years and this is her first feature.  She is a vlogger and fellow actor and the sweetest thing.  For some reason, her video is getting a ton of hateful comments.  Every other comment is something rude.  Beyond rude.  Disgusting.  And there's no reason for it! There is no offensive content.  

Last week I had to deal with a situation online and instead of shrugging it off, which I do daily and sometimes more than once a day, it totally and completely upset me.  Again, back to my appearance and body and how terribly "unattractive I am because I am a skinny bitch."  It sounds silly on paper but COME ON.  

One can only take so much negative commentary on ones looks and physicality and the breaking point comes! 

Who wants to wake up to hate and cruelty first thing in the morning? I understand we've chosen to put ourselves out there and this means any nutbag can say anything at any given moment.  I've always said, and truly believe, that a hater must have such a sad life to want to be so hurtful to strangers.  Normal people don't behave that way, we all know this. But is it more than that?! Wouldn't you have to have some SERIOUS issues to type comments that are either vulgar or hurtful or sexual?  I can't believe the audacity.  

While my youtube friend ( the one mentioned above) seems to be doing just fine with this situation, I'm so disgusted by it.  And by the daily bullshit I get as well.  It gets old.  And what is it a hater is hoping to do by those comments?! Really?! 

I just had to vent.  

It's sickening to me some people are either raised to believe this behavior is ok, or so unhappy with themselves that (trying) to tear happy and successful people down is the only thing that makes them feel better.  

Anyway.  My latest video, Octo Mom parody is now over 100,000 views and youtube has Spotlight/Featured this video as well as promoted it and that's brought me over 11k subscribers! Youtube has been very kind to me.  They featured my video "The Joke" front page just 2 months after starting my channel.  They featured a video of me and my puppy in Pets/Animals, and three others in the comedy section.  Two collab videos I was a part of were also front page features! I'm glad someone there has their eye on me! I feel very lucky.

In other news! I was recently sent two scripts to read, one I've officially accepted.  Rehearsals begin in may.  Three of us in the cast, two men and me.  Each of us will have a monologue, running about 35 minutes each.  I'll be starting memorization on my 15 page piece asap.

I'm now freelancing with a local papers new website, cityweekly.net, making videos exclusively for the site, so be sure and drop by from time to time!

Had a great film audition the end of last week...will keep you posted!  There's nothing like the high after a good audition.  

My birthday is coming up! March 27! 

I have to admit not being "early 20's" is freaky, BUT I'm trying to think of the celebration rather than the panic.  I'm super excited for the date, actually, because I've been asked to perform for (local paper) IN Magazines 'Scene in SLC' party at a club here.  Scene in SLC is a section in the weekly paper featuring scene makers, they featured me last spring.  Should make for a great party.  And I think I'm the only chick performing! Yeah! Haven't decided exactly what I'll be performing, but I will very soon!

That's it for now.  I've been super addicted to "The Bachelor" this season and I'm so excited for tomorrow night it's ridiculous.  How will I ever wait?! Arghhh!

Pizza time.  Byeee!

xo 

ME 

4 comments:

  1. Oh Deena...I used to see hardly any hate, but I'm seeing it so much more lately. I especially love when they type things like "ow mah gawd yer sew gay" and it's in the worst possible grammar. Like you said, these people aren't worth paying any attention to and they're only +1 on your comment count, which I love the hate now because it increases my honors. It's admirable tho that you get upset over the excess hate on a friend. I celebrate my friends success and hate to see anything bad happen, but as long as your friend is okay, then it's all good! For all the bad she's dealing with, there's lots of great new people who will find her now.

    And the ones about you personally? If you weren't so good looking and were "too skinny" I guess you wouldn't be hitting 11,000 subs and having so many opportunities, would you? You're just fine, don't let some fat boy who's never gonna get any action get you down, that haters only dreaming a girl like you would ever look at him (or her)..lol

    SO! Congrats on 11,000...we just barely filmed that 10,000 subs vid clip! The octo-mom video was so good, I'm so happy to see it doing well!!

    Good luck on all your new projects and appearances!! It's all so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya. I think these blog posts are muy muy interesting. You are very introspective and it is self-awareness that is gained by myself when I read your posts. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was quite shocked to see all the haters on her video too! How could anyone say anything bad about her?! Or YOU for that matter? I just don't get people sometimes. Blah.

    Okay, I am OH SO EXCITED to watch the Bachelor tomorrow night!!! AHHHH! WHO IS HE GONNA PICK?!!

    Keep up the amazing work Deenie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you are a feature monster! Wasn't it just last week that I saw the countdown to 10k subscribers on twitter and now you're at 11k?? You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete