Apr 23, 2020

“That’s not how my story is supposed to go.”

“That’s not how my story is supposed to go.” 

If I had a nickel for every time I’ve said that. I’d have a whole bunch of nickels.

Now it’s been so long since I’ve thought that, I can’t believe there was a time when I concerned myself with any “supposed to’s.”

Over time, I’ve shaken off all the old stories. I belong to no titles, I have outgrown all molds. The biggest surprises that have come my way have made my life big. To not know what’s coming keeps it expanding...

Anything and everything is possible. It’s all happened. It’s yet to happen. I used to long to have answers, and want them to fit neatly in a box. This isn’t to say I don’t find new bones on which to pin new dreams, but when I find myself doing so, I check myself. 

No expectations = no limitations.

Now, the unknown is what keeps me going. What’s next? I have no idea, thank god. All is possible.


.
.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment