Mar 23, 2020

Awaken II

In the midst of social distancing, I experienced an incredible closeness. Sometimes people come into your life in the most sudden, and unexpected ways, leaving you forever changed, and there is no going back to before, from a crash course in life, and love.

He's on his way back to France. I'm sure you're curious about this story, but it's mine to keep. I will never claim to know what the future holds, where the path may lead, or why ours crossed, but to him I am so grateful. Magic is real. He brought me back to life.

.
.
.


I watched him walk away, trying to memorize it. Burning the image into my brain, not wanting to forget. As I drove away, I was not yet able to turn on the radio, or hear any music. Not yet ready to fill myself with anything other than what I was feeling. Never having had a goodbye like that, one that was so sad, because my heart is so incredibly full. 

What's next? I ask myself. Now? But it's not an empty question. I feel as though I've been loved right back to life. 

Sometimes people just belong. They just fit. And life, and home expands. And breathing is easy. 

.
.
.
.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment