Jun 12, 2015

Playing House

I got to attend an event last night that made me feel like I'd stepped right into a fantasy land! While a child might love to spend time in a toy store, testing out the newest toys, the adult version is to tour four brand new impeccably furnished modern model homes, with treats at every stop. We had appetizers in the kitchens, bbq's on the patios, and basically played the grown-up version of house for a night!

For the first time since I've been married (we're still in the honeymoon phase as we approach the one year mark this August) I could really see what the future has in store, what it will feel like when the time comes for us to start shopping for our first home together and leave our condo days behind. When we've put in a few more years of being married, how we'll have grown, and how we'll fill a house with our own family. It was actually kind of magical for me. 

I wanted one right then and there, last night. I'd take any of the four, as is. Each home we walked into was in a different style and color scheme and my eyes were opened to how endless the possibilities are when it comes to decorating a home, and the ways you can utilize space. Playrooms, game rooms, lofts, bedrooms, how do you ever choose? 

I loved pretending I was in my home(s) for a night, spending time with my good friend Meghan, and meeting new fun bloggers. I can't stop thinking about it! I want to go back and show my husband. I got some great shots of the beautiful interiors, as well as some classic funny moments. You know me. You know I had to go there. 

Oh! And if you want to see this area it up close and personal (trust me, you do) then contact the awesome folks at Oakwood Homes Utah and ask about the development in South Jordan. Not the area you're looking for? No worries, the options are endless, take a look at their site. 

Big thanks to Oakwood Homes, Williams-Sonoma, Costco, Cosset Bath and Body, Rodizio Grill, and Stuart Edge for one incredible night! 

And now, the pictures. 
        












Thanks for reading, and don't forget to find me on my social media:


xo 

DM

No comments:

Post a Comment