Dec 31, 2010

If you're sick, stay home.

Today is friday. I've been down & out with the flu from Sunday until, well, this morning. Every time I've gotten sick I really push it and want to be right back up & at it as soon as I possibly can. Which is always too soon. I wouldn't say I get sick a lot...but...I kinda get sick a lot ;) At least once or twice real good a year. Compared to those that just seem to never get anything.

I haven't had the actual stomach flu like that since elementary school. Good lord it's brutal. I'll spare the details, but it was bad. I wouldn't wish that action on my worst enemy bad.

I'm trying to really pay attention and listen to my body and I'm learning much better what I can and can't physically do. I've learned that I just don't bounce back from being sick easy. In fact, I spent monday and tuesday on the couch or in bed. Honestly, I could barely stand without thinking I was going to pass out. I've had no appetite and I've been exhausted.

Every day I thought I'd be able to jump up and go to zumba. But I just couldn't. This time I didn't risk anything. I stayed in until this mornings two hour zumbathon. I took it pretty easy, too.

I'm proud of myself for not fighting it for once, even if I did spend my final free week in my pajamas, watching tv.

At least I'm ready and able to properly celebrate New Years Eve with friends and champagne tonight!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment