Sep 6, 2010

Booze, Lions & Elephants...oh my



Boy have I bounced back with a vengeance! Now that my face is back to normal (see last blog) I've been trying to have the summer adventures I didn't have. Even if it is September. Being busy all summer was awesome, but now I need my play time.

Dinner with some of our favorite friends and my favorite peach beer.

Taking my sweetheart on a date in Park City to thank him for taking care of me while I was sick at this sushi place (he loves sushi, but we all know "if it comes from the sea it ain't going in me") that has the best cucumber salad and teriyaki chicken. Going to three bars after. I don't condone irresponsible drinking kids, but...I was proud. I never party like I did in my NYC days but I gotta brag for a second and say I've still got it. 7 delicious beverages. Saketini, pomegranate martini, vodka tonic, vodka tonic, stella, long island, stella.

Lion King. The first musical I ever saw on Broadway a zillion years ago. A delicious dinner and martini. Or two. Just two!

The Zoo! I met the new baby girl elephant, Zuri! I planned all along that she'd becoming home with me...somehow. It didn't happen, but boy am I glad I got to see her. I watched her for a long time. What a clumsy baby. I just wanted to pet and hug her. The Zoo is a pain in the ass. Strollers everywhere, people stopping suddenly in the middle of the sidewalk. Kids pushing. Too much yelling even in the "keep quiet" rooms. Ladies changing baby diapers on the tables where people eat. No wonder I hadn't been there in 10 years! It was nice to go though, loving animals as much as I do. The orangutang's and the tiger were my other fav's.

What other adventures will this free time hold?

All I know is more, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment