Aug 24, 2009

Puppies & pinups!


Me & Noodles posing in front of Rosalita.

Last sunday we filmed my Ford Fiesta Mission video #4. It's social activism month and I have to admit, this month was the hardest one for me to come up with what the video would be! I wanted to make sure it was the right cause, something I was truly and honestly passionate about (after all, the cause would be getting a generous donation on behalf of Ford). Of course, this meant helping animals, hopefully dogs, and in a way that still had the Deena Marie stamp!

I was at a loss when I opened local weekly paper, "IN" Magazine and saw that this weeks scene maker was non other than Sondra Joy, founder of Pinups for Pups! I've been aware of this for awhile and was dying to connect with her, and here she was, relocated to SLC from LA! We met for lunch, made some plans and filmed a fabulous video! Pinups and pups? Two thinks I love! How insanely perfect!

I learned all about her successful cause and she introduced me to Friends of Animals and Furburbia, a dog shelter in Park City where we were able to go and see rescued pups and get great footage.

My baby, Noodles just had his second birthday on August 18th and if you know us, you know how he totally changed my life. I want every dog and animal to be loved just as much as he is.

You are 100% responsible for your pet, so treat them well. They are your family member. They can't tell you what they need, so do everything you can to make them loved and comfortable.

I loved doing this mission. My favorite part of the ford fiesta movement has been meeting people and going places I may not have otherwise!

I'm waiting to hear on approval for the video & will post a link as soon as I get it. I can't wait for everyone to learn more about Sondra & her cause.

And because I know people will ask if I'm going to be in an upcoming calendar...yes :) we'll shoot for it in the next few months. All in good time.

In the meantime, check out my flickr photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/beanerlarue/sets/72157622106121104/

My agent page: http://www.fiestamovement.com/agent32


xo Deena

No comments:

Post a Comment