Apr 27, 2009

A jet plane & elephant dreams





Pic is by my lovie 

Tomorrow is the day I fly out to the Ford Fiesta training! I'm headed to Denver, CO.  Somewhere I've never been.  I don't know how many other agents will be there, or what to expect.  All I know is I get in around 3 pm and the schedule is pretty nonstop until the following day around 4 pm.  I won't see the car until day two when they take us out to a huge racetrack! 

My sweetheart is flying out and meeting me for the long drive home.  Thank god.  We'll stop for dinner and listen to music and like always, I'll talk nonstop and make him play all sorts of games I make up on the spot.  Just like any other night at home :) 

I have it on pretty good authority I'll be getting a stick shift.  Um...I have no idea how to drive one.  So...I'm pretty scared.  But I guess it's not everyday you get a free car for six months and gas and insurance paid, right? So I'll learn!  And it's PINK!  What girl doesn't dream of her own pink car? 

Here is the official site http://www.fiestamovement.com/agents find my profile there and be sure and keep tabs - this is just the beginning and there will be so much exclusive content being posted to that site in the next six months!

*A little note about the blog before this one*  Well slap my ass and call me betty, that turned out to be so much more controversial than I thought!  I had many people message me both worried and cheering me on.  Let me just say this; my blog is another branch of my online presence.  It's something I resisted for so long because it's sort of a diary.  It just happens to be on the internet, because let's face it, what isn't these days?  

My online world is now a huge part of me.  It's now a source of work and income.  It's important to me and I liked the idea of sharing a vulnerable and intimate part of me, to show people more of who I am.  I like the idea that we teach one another by sharing life experiences.  That entry was not meant to be threatening or mean or anything other than me sharing some thoughts and feelings.  I'll never apologize for my art, my feelings or who  I am.  

This brings up a whole new conundrum...my online life mixing with my 'real' life.  How to balance that.  How to explain one to the other, when I'm someone who doesn't like to explain herself and has reasons for why I post what I post and write what I write.  For reasons that I may not always be at liberty to say.  

Next topic.  The dream I had friday night:

I was outside and found a pen on an old run down farm, nobody in sight.  No people, no animals...just one little baby elephant.  I knew it was alone so I put it in a blanket and was carrying it around like a baby.  It was resting it's head on my shoulder.  I wanted to keep it but knew it would get too big (duh), so I was trying to find it help or take it to a vet.  I finally found one and they were really busy and said they'd see me as soon as the people in front of me were seen.  One doctor passed by and looked at it and told me "it has a broken heart".  I went outside to find Dave to tell him I was gonna wait at the vet until they could see the elephant, and I woke up.  

Today I was with my mom and told her about this dream & she said that just yesterday on the CBS Sunday Morning show there was a segment on an elephant orphanage in Kenya where they raise baby elephants who's moms have been killed by poachers.  Some make it, some don't.  Some die...from grief.  A broken heart.

WHAT DOES THAT ALL MEAN?!
How did I dream that and why would I dream that without seeing that?!?!

Anyway...enough of this and I can't wait to leave tomorrow and be around new people and new surroundings!  

I need to travel!  I need adventure!
I'm determined to make this summer (except for May, what with "Infantry Monologues") all about it.  And yes, I've booked everything for the Youtube gathering this July.  I say it all the time, how I miss NYC so much and hate that I get farther away from my old life there everyday.

I bought the hotel and flight...and burst into tears :)

xo Deena Marie

2 comments:

  1. I just love you!! I realized after I typed that, that I said that in my other comment on your blog yesterday LOL..but if you weren't so great, I guess I wouldn't say it ;) LOL

    Anyways, I am so excited to see what you do with that car! Kinda disappointed I let the deadline slip by me without entering...but I am sure you'll make some great vids and have lots of fun!!

    As far as the dream, you may have subconsciously heard about it and that is why you dreamed it, or who knows, you could just be dreaming metaphorically...Maybe because you entertain so many people, your brain is thinking you're taking care of them and it's just displaying it in your dream the only way it can...

    Either way, really happy you wrote another blog already :) and I am SO EXCITED for 789!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I get about your elephant dream! I love this!:)

    To see an elephant in your dream, indicates that you need to be more patient or more understanding of others. Or perhaps there is a memory that you are holding on to for too long. You need to let go of the past. The elephant is also a symbol of power, strength, faithfulness and intellect. Alternatively, the elephant's introverted personality may be a reflection of your own personality.


    As for being on a farm...

    To see or live on a farm in your dream, suggests that you need to develop an aspect of yourself and utilize your potential. You are ready for growth.


    As for what happened with your mom, that's normal. No need to freak out. It's called precognitive dreaming.. you see things before they happen. It's pretty common in some. I have it, too. Doesn't necessarily mean you're psychic, it's just a sense.

    Like in 2001, weeks after the World Trade Center stuff, I had a dream I was in the building and trying to get out with everyone else. We got downstairs and the guy said everything was okay. You can go back up to your offices. I woke up and later found out on the news that the whole thing really happened. So many were already downstairs ready to get out the door and some idiot told them to go back.

    Anyways, I hope that helped you!
    You rock!

    ReplyDelete