Feb 25, 2010

All the world's a stage...

Once upon a time in acting school, we had to memorize Jaques' speech from "As you Like it".
Every now and then, bits and pieces creep into my head again so yesterday I had to look it up. If you follow me here then you know I have a deep love of WORDS. I hear bits and pieces of poetry and songs narrating my life all the time.

I just love it:


All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages. At first the infant,
Mewling and puking in the nurse's arms.
And then the whining school-boy, with his satchel
And shining morning face, creeping like snail
Unwillingly to school. And then the lover,
Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad
Made to his mistress' eyebrow. Then a soldier,
Full of strange oaths and bearded like the pard,
Jealous in honour, sudden and quick in quarrel,
Seeking the bubble reputation
Even in the cannon's mouth. And then the justice,
In fair round belly with good capon lined,
With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,
Full of wise saws and modern instances;
And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts
Into the lean and slipper'd pantaloon,
With spectacles on nose and pouch on side,
His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide
For his shrunk shank; and his big manly voice,
Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,
That ends this strange eventful history,
Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.


What a busy time it is right now. I like to think I can do it all. I try my best to do so, but of course I'm only human.
I wear many hats (as we all do). I am an actor, a model, an internet personality, a writer, a singer, a dancer, a wife, a poet, a daughter and so much more. You may know me as only one or two of these things but all of my skills and interests make me, ME. I am not just one alone nor does one alone define me. That being said, I have to shift priorities from time to time. When I have a lot of acting work in my real life then I have to put my online videos aside. Just like when I have free time I can devote it to more videos. It's just not practical for me to give attention to both equally. I know my limits and know when I'm spreading myself too thin. All I ask is that you're patient while I balance several projects and if you don't see a lot of me, or see me on youtube that's why. :) Sometimes people forget, or may not know what I'm up to and get antsy for my time and videos. Believe me, I wish I COULD do it all at 100% at ALL times! Nobody wishes for that MORE than me! I will tell you more soon, but at them moment I'm feeling overwhelmed with happiness. I am pinching myself every day that I will get to do things in my lifetime that I hoped and dreamed of as a young girl...I have never planned for a backup plan, never wondered what I might do if it didn't work out. I knew what I wanted, my passion never wavered and that was that. I feel incredibly lucky, grateful and a little teary these days :)

Thank you everyone who takes a minute to read this and follow and support me!
I appreciate you taking time out of your life and day to get to know me. You're all amazing!

Much more coming soon....


xo Deena Marie

4 comments:

  1. It's always gratifying to me when people I like get to live out their passions. I was lucky enough to be able to do that with a good portion of my life and I wouldn't change anything about it... even though it meant making some difficult choices at times. I look forward to seeing and hearing from you whenever you have the time.
    rhythm7a/Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've always been good at keeping your eyes on the goal and still being an amazing friend and whole person. I'm still learning, as I started learning from YOU, that back-up plans are for pussies... We don't get a "back-up life" - we get this one. We have to live it how we want to live it now or never. I love you and can't wait to see what you've got in store for us fans! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I've been born again! Thank you for putting on your hat of inspiration for us all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for writing this blog Deena. I really enjoyed reading it. Kinda made me feel as though I have known you forever even though I am just getting to know you, & I must say you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete