Nov 1, 2012

Week 4 NYC #11

Sunday Oct. 21
I had planned to see a reading in the afternoon in Brooklyn and another at The Barrow Group in the evening, but it turned out to be the last day I was going to be able to hang out with my family and see "Peter & the Starcatcher" instead.  After we went to Toys R Us again where I rode the ferris wheel with my cousins (not the first time in my life.  Not that you're surprised.) then out to eat at an italian restaurant right by my old apartment on 44th street that I'd been to in my past life.





Monday Oct. 22
Up early to Actors Equity to get an audition appointment for the afternoon.  Off to class then back to audition.  Once again, I see how small the world is when I find out I have already recently been talking with one of the three men behind the audition desk! I go across the country only to wind up both in class and auditioning for familiar faces!

Tuesday Oct. 23
Tuesday is my weekly trip to Target for groceries, followed by laundry.  That night, I saw "The Heiress".  In my top three of what I've seen here so far, along with "Ivanov" & "Cyrano".  

Wednesday Oct. 24 
Two auditions followed by lunch at my favorite mexican restaurant MaryAnns (I told you I'm trying to go there at least once a week).  That night John, Jared and I went to "Hamlet" with The Wooster group.

Thursday Oct. 25
A run in Central Park, then got together with David Spencer, my scene parter for Shakespeare class, to do some text work.  I was planning to see "Machinal" performed by the conservatory students at Atlantic, when David was offered two tickets from a friend to see the final dress of "Giant" at the Public Theater.  I was thrilled to see a show at the public for the first time.  How crazy is it to have so much theatre at your disposal you have to pick and choose - and the decisions are not easy!

Friday Oct. 26
Another run in the park and "King Lear" by the American Bard Theater Company.

Saturday Oct. 27
Met up with Lauren in Brooklyn to shop for her Halloween costume.  Discovered some great secondhand shops and a delicious vegan restaurant along the way.  Went to see her roommate perform in "Company" put on by The Gallery Players.

In Brooklyn we found this:


and this:


And did this on the subway: 




No comments:

Post a Comment